Oregon Clean Vehicle Rebate Program
Buy a car with little or no money down….even a used one!
NOTE: There is also a Federal TAX CREDIT for those who qualify for purchase of a NEW Electric Vehicle.
The cash rebates below may be used for NEW, USED, or LEASED vehicles.
- Standard rebates of $1500 or $2500 towards the purchase or lease of a plug-in hybrid or battery electric vehicle (rebate amount depends upon the battery capacity) (gas/electric hybrids are not included)
- Charge Ahead rebates of $2500 for the purchase or lease of any new or used battery electric vehicle. Only low and moderate income households may qualify for the Charge Ahead rebates. (very lenient guidelines, use the tool at the DEQ webpage.
- If you qualify as low to moderate income, you may combine both cash rebates up to a total of $5,000.
- Eligible vehicles must have a base MSRP of less than $50,000
- Beginning June 2019, DEQ will hire a Contractor for the program who will be able issue CASH ON THE HOOD rebates at dealerships selling appropriate electric vehicles.
- FAQ sheet for Oregon Clean Vehicle Rebate Program
- Zero Emission and Electric Vehicle Rebate rules (Oregon Administrative Rule 340-270)
- Oregon DEQ program for Electric Vehicles
- The beginner’s guide to buying electric cars
- Individuals must own the vehicle for at least 2 years, or return the entire rebate amount. However, individuals are not limited to how many vehicles they receive rebates for, as long as the individual and vehicle qualifies.
- Nonprofit organizations may purchase up to 10 Electric Vehicles per year.
Where to find and finance used cars: (note, listing does not connote a recommendation)
NOTE: if you are concerned about your credit rating for financing, once rebates and down payment reach 40 to 50% of value, you may have success with the lenders below)
Platt Auto Group has sales staff who are members of the Oregon Electric Vehicle Association who are knowledgeable about electric vehicles. They are in Milwaukee, Oregon.