What do we do?
To address the greatest threat to human lives, climate change, 350Deschutes addresses climate injustice through policy, actions, education. Focusing on vulnerable communities, we foster equity and a just transition for workers to transition to a clean, low carbon economy.
Why do we do it?
- We can overcome these threats to our quality of life, and foster a better life for future generations.
- The clean energy transition brings prosperity with living wages and more jobs.
- Engaging in community actions that improve access to clean energy and efficiency in underserved communities
- Pollution and dependence on dirty energy hurts everyone, but especially people of low income, and people of color who lack access to living wage jobs, transportation, clean buildings, and improved living conditions.
How do we do it?
We engage in policy across Oregon, actions to improve climate justice, and education to raise awareness, participation, and deployment.
- Conduct annual GO Clean Energy Conference to encourage collaboration, innovation and resiliency across sectors.
- Provide our website to serve as a hub for education, advocacy and technical assistance.
- Collaborate with others on policies that encourage strong government and business engagement in actions that reduce energy costs and our dependence on fossil fuels, improve our air and water quality, while fostering a stable climate.
- To engage volunteers who use their special talents to accomplish mutual goals.